My research in the News
A nice article on “Dartmouth Now” by J. Blumberg on the newly awarded Chandra X-ray Visionary Project: Dartmouth Astronomer Probes the Early Universe
More updates on CID-42, the candidate recoiling SMBH already presented in the paper Civano et al. 2010 (ApJ 717, 209) and now also in Civano et al. 2012 (ApJ, 742, 49) and Blecha, Civano, Elvis & Loeb (2012, arXiv:1205.6202).
June 2012 press releases and articles:
- Main Chandra press release: Giant Black Hole Kicked Out of Home Galaxy
- News on the NASA press page
- The article on boston.com
- The article on the Boston Globe on June 5 2012
- The news reported by SourceFed in a youtube video
- On the INAF website
- On the italian newspaper
- HEAPOW picture of the week on June 11 2012
2010 press releases and articles:
- Main NASA press release: CID-42: A Black Hole ‘Slingshot’ (Chandra press release and NASA Mission Highlights, June 2010).
- On the Smithsonian Science website“Double Black-Hole Mystery: Dance Partners or Breakup Survivors?” (February 2010).
- Invited talk at the press conference on “Black Holes” at the 215 AAS meeting. Here it is the picture of the speakers.
- It was also the HEAD picture of the week (July 2010).
- “Waltzing Quasars Provide Signpost to Merging Galaxies” (Science magazine, January 2010).
- “Black-Hole Bonanza” (Sky and Telescope, January 2010).
- Interview about Black Holes for The Astronomer’s Universe by Caroline Collins Petersen (Astrocast.tv, video n. 23, February 2010)